Haha nope, not a chance.
Yesterday I made a batch of Nutella banana muffins (heavy on the Nutella) and brought one along for a stroll by the pier in my neighborhood. I still can’t get over the fact that I live in Brooklyn now! There’s a gang of swans that always frequents the pier area. I intend to win them over during my time here, but there was no way that I was going to share my Nutella treat, fresh from the oven. We’ll see if there’s any left over come next week.
Hope you had a lovely Labor Day! Diving into the week is hard, even when it starts on a Tuesday. I recommend baking a few of these to see you through… and if the week is extremely rough, feel free to slather on even more Nutella after baking. Scroll down for the recipe!
2 bananas, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1 pinch of salt, 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1 large egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 jar Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together the butter and the sugar
- Incorporate egg and vanilla extract
- Slowly combine flour, salt, and baking soda
- Finally, smash the bananas (in a food processor if available) and incorporate
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. This recipe made about 8 muffins.
- Scoop a spoonful of Nutella into each cup. Use a chopstick or toothpick to swirl into the banana batter
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Even if your neighbors aren’t a bunch of water birds, I can guarantee that you friends will flock to you for these treats! Hope you enjoy.