“Pinot Noir, Caviar, Myanmar
You don’t have to be popu-lar
Find out who your true friends are!” -Titus Andromedon
Season 3 of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is coming back this Friday, which means I have a certain song stuck in my head… no, not the show’s theme song! Can you guess it?
The nonsense song “Pinot Noir” by Titus Andromedon in Season 1 Episode 6 is sure to brighten your day, even if you’re not a budding sommelier. It’s impossible not to sing along with the silly lyrics. Did you know that you can buy your very own Kimmy-inspired pinot noir brand at certain locations in New York? What better way to celebrate this Friday than a cupcake and wine pairing party?
While I wasn’t locked in a bunker for fifteen years, Kimmy’s journey to New York from the Midwest resonates with my own corn-town-to-big-city journey. I think that anyone can take on impossible projects and be unbreakable if they believe in themselves. While Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is full of ridiculous moments, it never fails to make me feel more equipped to tackle my own list of daily challenges. I’m so excited for the show to come back!
Get #winewasted with me this Friday and indulge in this chocolate pinot noir cupcake recipe! Cupcakes and wine always make for the best end-of-week treat. What Would Kimmy Do?
Scroll down for the recipe!
Pinot Noir Mini Cupcakes
Makes about 24 mini cupcakes
- 8 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Pinot Noir
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup Pinot Noir
- 1 splash of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Then add in the egg and egg yolk and vanilla. Beat well until combined.
- Alternate adding in the dry ingredients and the wine until well combined. Fill cupcake tins 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes and let cool completely before frosting. Now, time to get cozy with your show!